Its A Boy! Nappykake

Its A Boy! Nappykake

Friday, March 19, 2010

I dont know how she does it...

I read a book once, it was titled something along the lines of 'I dont know how she does it' and I remember the first page so well because it reminded me of nearly every Mum that I know! The character comes home from work late, has the 'I didnt see my children enough today' guilts, the 'I didnt cook a gourmet meal for my family tonight' guilts etc etc.. she then remembers that the next day is Christmas school fair day and every child is to bring a plate.. now we all know that this is what seperates the 'good' mums from the 'bad' mums (even if only in our own heads)... whether you are a mum that sends your child with a shop bought pack of 'whatever' or if youre the mum who sends her child with the beautifully creatively hand made cupcakes, buscuits, or some other gourmet Martha Stewart creation ! So in the wee hours of the night this woman is carefully 'crushing' store bought christmas mince pies and then sprinkling them with icing sugar for that 'lovingly home made' look ! Today I feel I am that woman, actually lots of days I am that woman...but I know at least that I'm not alone !.

No comments:

Post a Comment